Pin and Security Settings
What PIN and parental control settings are available on the Horizon box?
A big vocabulary isn’t always a good thing. If you have young ones running around the house, using the Parental Controls and setting a PIN could be the right idea. The PIN and Parental Controls menu option allows you to configure the parental control settings to manage your children's access to the Horizon box and the corresponding channels, and to set a PIN code. This code manages the parental control and makes it possible to order On Demand content.
- PIN MANAGEMENT: set your PIN here and determine for which actions PIN entry is required. The default PIN code is "0000".
- PURCHASE PROTECTION: you can deactivate or activate the purchase protection feature to prevent unwanted orders. The PURCHASE PROTECTION menu is located within the PIN MANAGEMENT option.
- PARENTAL CONTROL: restrict individual channels and use the age limit to restrict the viewing of individual programmes.
Let’s keep it clean.
How do I set up PIN and Parental Control on the Horizon box?
PIN codes come in handy when there are little lodgers in the home. You can configure PIN settings on your Horizon box so that a PIN must be entered before viewing certain content. If you wish, you can also set up "purchase protection" to ensure that only people you give the PIN to can rent a movie.
The default PIN is currently "0000". To change this:
- Select "MENU" on you remote control.
- On-screen select >"SETTINGS" > "PIN & PARENTAL CONTROL" > "PIN MANAGEMENT" > "CHANGE MASTER PIN CODE"
- You will be prompted to enter your current PIN. Enter the default PIN, 0000.
- Specify a new PIN. You will then be asked to confirm this.
You can also enable parental controls on your Virgin TV box to prevent your children from accessing certain content. To do this:
- Select "MENU" > "SETTINGS" > "PIN AND PARENTAL CONTROL".
- Choose either "LOCK/UNLOCK CHANNELS" or "LOCK PROGRAMMES BY AGE RATING".
- "LOCK/UNLOCK CHANNELS" allows you to put a pin lock on individual channels.
- "LOCK PROGRAMMES BY AGE RATING" allows you to put a pin lock on programmes with and above certain age ratings e.g. 12, 15.
You’re all set. Rest assured that the young eyes and ears in the household won’t grow up too fast.
I have to enter a PIN to order a movie using On Demand TV?
If you would like to order a movie on our On Demand TV service, you will need to enter your PIN to order it. If you have not already changed your PIN, it is set to a default number of 0000.
To change your PIN from the default, simply:
1. Select Menu
3. PIN Settings
4. Enter 0000
5. Set both Customer and Extra PIN to your preferred 4 digit code.
Please note that this is not the normal PIN that you use for functions like Parental Control but a new PIN that you will use solely for buying movies. Why not change this new PIN number to the same PIN number that you may already use for Parental Control - for ease of use.
How do I change my PIN code in the Virgin TV Anywhere app?
Did a young one in the house figure out the PIN? Or, do you want to switch it up? You can change your PIN in the parental control section in the SETTINGS. To reach this area, first enter your My Virgin Media log in and then select Parental Control in Settings, then select Change PIN. To gain access to this section, you will be required to enter your My Virgin Media password. In the following screen you will be required to first enter your current PIN code, followed by the new PIN code twice. After that, you’re all set.
NOTE: If you have never changed the PIN code, your default PIN is “0000”.
How do I set a PIN on Virgin TV to protect certain content?
With even more ways to access content, we feel that it is important that you can control what is appropriate to be viewed and when. For that reason we have provided a facility to set a PIN on the Virgin TV box, for content over and above the age rating you feel is appropriate for your household. (G, PG, 12, 15, 18 or UNLOCK ALL).
If you haven’t previously set a PIN, the default PIN is "0000". To change this:
- Select "MENU" on you remote control
- On-screen select "SETTINGS" > "PIN & PARENTAL CONTROL" > "PIN MANAGEMENT"> "CHANGE MASTER PIN CODE"
- You will be prompted to enter your current PIN
- Specify a new PIN
- You will then be asked to confirm this
You can also enable parental controls on your Horizon box to prevent your children from accessing certain content. To do this:
- Select “MENU” > “SETTINGS” > “PIN” and “PARENTAL CONTROL”
- Choose either “LOCK/UNLOCK CHANNELS” or “LOCK PROGRAMMES BY AGE RATING”
- “LOCK/UNLOCK CHANNELS” allows you to put a PIN lock on individual channels
- “LOCK PROGRAMMES BY AGE RATING” allows you to put a PIN lock on programmes with and above certain age ratings. e.g 12, 15