Ireland’s ultra fast broadband:
Offering speeds of 360Mb expected average speed during peak times of at least 300Mb on a wired connection.
Other factors that may impact the actual speed experienced include the connection from your device(s) to the cable modem & the websites visited.
Wi-Free: When you sign up for Virgin Media’s Broadband service your modem will automatically offer a second signal for Wi-Free. If you would prefer your modem was not available to other Virgin Media customers visiting your home you can opt out at any time by logging into My Virgin Media Ireland. If you choose to opt out, your modem will not offer a Wi-Free service nor will you be able to connect to other Wi-Free networks. You must be a Virgin Media Broadband customer & in the home of another participating Virgin Media Broadband customer to avail of the Wi-Free service. All Virgin Media Broadband customers can connect to Wi-Free. Wi-Free will give you speeds of 2.5Mb download & 0.5Mb upload. Up to 3 members of a Virgin Media household can connect to Wi-Free at a time. 5 Virgin Media customers can connect to a single modem at a time. The Wi-Free service is subject to our Acceptable Usage Policy. These terms & conditions are in addition to Virgin Media Ireland’s General Terms & Conditions, a copy of which is available here
Limited Broadband services: These services have a monthly usage allowance of 30GB. If you exceed the usage allowance in any month we will automatically upgrade you to the nearest pack that best meets your needs. Before upgrading we will:
- Send you an email or text message notifying you the first time you exceed the allowance.
- The next time you reach 70% of your allowance we’ll send you an email or text message letting you know that you are close to exceeding your limit again. We won’t communicate with you thereafter about your usage. We suggest you monitor your usage using the tool available in My Virgin Media.
- If you exceed your monthly allowance on two occasions we shall automatically upgrade you to the Broadband pack that best meets your needs.Additional information about our broadband
Additional information about our broadband
Our Internet speeds
- Maximum speeds on our network: When we advertise a broadband speed we mean what we say, this will be the maximum download speed you can get on our network.
- Normal speeds on our network: As we promise in our advertising, the expected average download speed you typically get at peak times will be:
- on our 240Mb product 180Mb
- On our 360Mb product 300 Mb.
- Upload speeds will be 24Mb for our 240Mb product and 36Mb for our 360Mb product.
Maximum and normal speeds assume all technologies are working at optimum speeds; in practice numerous factors beyond our control can cause speeds to vary. Should you wish to contact us to get further information in relation to our speeds please call us on 1908.
We may as part of normal network performance carry out traffic management as part of general network maintenance including the management of any network congestion. These activities do not impact on the quality of the internet service we provide to you and do not impact on your privacy or the protection of your personal data.
We may also be legally required to carry out traffic management when directed by any court, tribunal, regulatory body, police authority or other competent authority as part of any proceedings or investigation. This may require us in these limited circumstances to disclose communications transmitted via our services to such authorities which may include personal data.
Information correct at 04/2016.