Virgin Media gifting TV customers 9 of its most popular entertainment channels at no extra cost
17th April 2020: Virgin Media are delighted to announce that 9 kid, knowledge and entertainment channels including Discovery, TCM, Boomerang and Carton Network will be available to all TV customers to view until May 6th to help families stay entertained while staying in.
Across these channels, a range of shows including Ben 10 and Thomas and Friends (Cartoon Network), Gold Rush and Wheeler Dealers (Discovery), and Tony Curtis talk about “Some Like It Hot” (Turner Classic Movies) will be available to watch.
100’s of hours of additional kids and educational shows are available to watch including Ben 10 and Thomas and Friends (Cartoon Network) along with Discovery’s Gold Rush and Wheeler Dealers.
For extra flexibility, our Virgin TV Anywhere app ensures everyone gets an opportunity to watch TV on any device. Hundreds of hours and multiple episodes of your favourite shows can also be watch from On Demand. Eligible customers don’t have to do anything and there will be no change to their contract.
Speaking about this new promotion for Virgin Media TV customers across Ireland, Karen Faughnan, Head of Trading and Propositions at Virgin Media said: “We’re always looking at ways to give our customers more and with today’s announcement, families staying at home have even more ways to keep the whole household entertained. With content from Cartoon Network to Discovery Quest, we’re sure there’s something for everyone.”
The full line up of extra channels for families to enjoy and top shows include:
• Boomerang: Taffy, Tom & Jerry , Mr Bean Animated Series, Scooby Doo.
• Cartoon Network: Ben 10, Johnny Test, Thundercats, Regular Show, Teen Titans Go!
• Cartoon Network+1
• Cartoonito: Thomas & Friends, Fireman Sam, Curious George.
• Turner Classic Movies: Beyond great films, TCM are currently running “Home Edition”, showing clips, interviews and comments from its 2010 beginning, where we can see Tony Curtis talk about “Some Like It Hot” or two-time Oscar winner Luise Rainer, a spry 100, discussing and then watching her 1937 “The Good Earth.”
• Turner Classic Movies+1
• Discovery Quest, factual, lifestyle, entertainment programmes, Salvage Hunters, The Repair Shop.
• Discovery Shed, The channel features programming covering fishing, DIY, construction, cars, bikes, and outdoor extreme adventure. West Coast Customs, Alaska: Surviving the last frontier.
• Discovery Turbo, Discovery Turbo is a television channel devoted to programming about transport Wheeler Dealers, Wreck’s to Riches.