The following information is a UPC Ireland Press release from before the move to Virgin Media
UPC triumphs as Best Broadband Provider
UPC picks up 4 awards at the Switcher Broadband Awards 2015 Switcher Broadband Awards 2015 recognises the best in the industry Dublin,
16th April 2015– UPC, Ireland’s leading connected entertainment provider, scooped an impressive four awards and was named Best Broadband Provider for the second year running at the annual Switcher Broadband Awards, held in Dublin last night.
UPC beat off competition from the likes of Sky, eircom and Vodafone to be crowned Best Broadband Provider, Fastest Home Broadband, Best Customer Rated Home Broadband and Most Recommended Broadband. The awards recognise the best of the Irish home broadband industry over the past 12 months.
Magnus Ternsjö, CEO of UPC Ireland said, “UPC was triumphant in winning in the most prestigious award of the night for the second year running – Best Broadband Provider.”
“It is fantastic to know that the winners were voted by both consumers, industry experts and giving real credibility to us as a trusted company and valued service provider. The rate of growth in internet usage at home continues to increase as more devices are connected to the home internet connection. UPC offers not just the fastest top line speeds of 240Mpbs in the home today but also the best general throughout and is constantly addressing these rapid growth trends with further product enhancements and continued investments.
“I would especially like to say thank you to all our valued customers who are using our services and also UPC’s dedicated staff who have created another award winning year for UPC and its customers.”
Eoin Clarke, Managing Director of Switcher said, “We established these awards to recognise and reward those broadband providers setting the standards over the past twelve months.
“Today’s broadband market is extremely competitive with more choice available for householders than ever before. Our awards help consumers assess those choices by highlighting the best providers and products available to suit their needs. Furthermore our judges were hugely impressed by the overall calibre of submissions this year. We are therefore delighted to acknowledge UPC with this / these awards.
“The winners of the Switcher Broadband Awards 2015 were decided by thousands of customers and an independent judging panel of experts including Stephen Conmy, editor of Digital Times, Niall Kitson, editor of TechCentral.ie, Ray Walsh, contributing editor of TVNow magazine and John Kennedy, editor of Silicon Republic.”
Follow us on Twitter: @VirginMediaIE
For a full list of winners, please visit https://switcher.ie/broadband/awards/2015/ Awards categories, nominees & winners:
● Best Customer Rated Home Broadband: eircom, Sky, UPC: (overall winner – UPC)
● Fastest Home Broadband: eircom, UPC, Vodafone: (overall winner – UPC)
● Best Value Home Broadband: eircom, UPC, Vodafone: (overall winner - Vodafone)
● Best Technical Support: Sky, UPC, Vodafone: (overall winner – Sky)
● Best Customer Service: Sky, UPC, Vodafone: (overall winner – Sky)
● Most Recommended Broadband: eircom, UPC, Vodafone: (overall winner – UPC)
● Best Customer Benefits: eircom, UPC, Vodafone: (overall winner – Vodafone)
● Best Broadband Provider: Sky, UPC, Vodafone: (overall winner – UPC)
● Best TV Provider: eircom, Sky, UPC: (overall winner – Sky)
● Best Broadband Innovation: eircom, Sky, UPC: (overall winner – eircom)