How do I receive and pay my bill?
There are lots of ways to receive and pay your bill. - the easiest way is by direct debit. See below for all the other ways to pay.
Why Pay by Direct Debit?
It’s easier, cheaper and hassle free - saving you time and making sure your bills are always paid on time too.
You can sign up in My Virgin Media. Just follow these simple steps:
1. Click 'My Bill and Payments'
2. Select 'Change my Billing Options’
3. Then click 'Switch to Direct Debit’ and enter your payment details.
Not yet registered to My Virgin Media? Sign up today to pay by Direct Debit. You may need to complete a Direct Debit mandate.
Mobile customer? No need to do a thing! You’re already set up on Direct Debit.
When do I need to complete a direct debit mandate?
1. Joint Bank Account? If you are signing up for the Direct Debit payment option using a joint bank account that requires two signatures. For example if you need 2 signatures to sign a cheque then you will need to complete a mandate.
2. When you are setting up a DD for someone else, please call us as we will need to register you as a Account Holder. Please ensure both parties are present when you call us on 1908.
3. Business bank account. If you would like to pay from a business bank account you will need to complete a mandate.
4. Foreign Bank Accounts. Must be a Euro bank account.
To sign up, just download the appropriate form, fill in your information and throw it in the post. Once your Direct Debit has been set up by the bank, we will send a letter confirming it has been activated.
1. Download Direct Debit Mandate for Mobile services
2. Download Direct Debit Mandate for TV/Broadband/ Home Phone services
Make sure that you have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your computer to print these forms. Alternatively, select in your printer settings to print the forms as an image.
Please post the completed form to:
Virgin Media Ireland, PO Box 16118, Clonsilla, Dublin 15.
Once your Direct Debit has been set up by the bank we will post you a letter to let you know that it has been activated.
How do I change my Direct Debit details?
To change your Direct Debit details, all you have to do is sign into your My Virgin Media:
1. After logging in, simply go to "My Bills & Payments"
2. In the menu, select "Change my billing options"
3. Click "Edit" beside "Bank account".
4. Just edit your information, and off you go.
Name changed due to Marriage or Divorce
To change your name on the Direct Debit, you will need to inform your bank. They will send your details to Virgin Media, and we'll take it from there.
Will I need to change my Direct Debit details when I move?
No - don't worry about a thing All your Direct Debit details will remain the same as they were for your previous address.
Let’s get digital.
Want to pay your bill online? It’s easy when you register for My Virgin Media. No more running to the post office! You’ll need your account number to hand when registering. Then, once you’re signed up, follow these simple steps:
1. Log in to My Virgin Media
2. Select My Bills and Payments option from the top menu.
3. Click Pay my Bill (You’ll have the option to Add credit and can add a credit value of up to €500).
4. On Direct debit? Enter the amount and click Pay Now. This will be deducted from your bank account. If you’re not on Direct Debit, you’ll be asked to enter your credit card details.
More Ways to Pay
Call 1908, select Accounts and Billing and then choose Option 1 for card payments. Overseas? Call + 353 1 245 8000. Remember to have your account number to hand.
Why not pay at your branch or use your bank’s online, ATM or phone service? You’ll need the Virgin Media BIC AIBKIE2D and IBAN IE62 AIBK 9312 6802 0213 87.
Pay by cash wherever you see the Payzone, PayPoint or PostPoint signs. You can pay the entire bill or make a part payment (minimum €20). Don’t forget to bring your bill.
Even handier? Order a Virgin Media Payment Card from our Customer Care team to pay without your bill.
Tear off the slip at the bottom of your bill and post it with a cheque/postal order made payable to Virgin Media to Virgin Media, PO Box 321, Dublin 3.
How can I get my bill and when will I receive it?
These are the options for receiving your bill:
With eBilling you can view your bills online in your My Virgin Media account and print them free of charge. Instead of receiving a paper bill in the post, we'll send you an email to let you know when your bill is available online.
The benefits of eBilling are:
1. You can view and pay your itemised bill online.
2. No postal delays in receiving your bill.
3. You can view previous bills for the last 12 months.
2. Paper billing:
If you wish to opt out of eBilling and return to receiving paper bills then please complete the following steps
1. Log in to your My Virgin Media account
2. In the 'Bills & Payments' menu select 'Change my billing options'
3. Choose the option to 'Switch to paper billing'.
You will now be opted out of eBilling and will begin receiving paper bills again. Direct Debit customers who choose to revert back to receiving paper bills will only receive a paper bill if the amount on the most recent bill is different to the previous bill.
You can still view your bills online in your My Virgin Media account and print your bills free of charge, for the last 12 months. If you need a paper bill to make a payment you can order a Payzone card from our Customer Care team at our Contact Us page. You can use this card when making a payment at any one of hundreds of Payzone locations across the county.
You can chose to receive itemised or non-itemised bills. Itemised bills will show the charges for your bundle, any savings or discounts you are availing of and a full breakdown of any calls or On Demand usage you may have. Non-itemised bills will show the charges for your bundle, any savings or discounts you are availing of and a summary of any calls or On Demand usage you may have. It will not include the details of individual calls or movie rentals.
To request an itemised or non-itemised bill you can contact our Customer Care team at our Contact Us page.
When will I receive my bill?
Bills are sent to you every month on either the 7th, 14th, 21st or 28th of the month.
Payment is due 14 days after your bill date so keep an eye on your paper bill or online account as this date will not change.
This date is your Bill Date and you will receive your bill within one week of this date. If you pay by Direct Debit, you will only receive a bill from us if your billing amount changes. You can opt to stop receiving a paper bill and to view all of your bills online by simply going to My Virgin Media and registering for eBilling.
Your bill shows charges from the date of your installment up to your current bill date, and then for the coming one or two months. A pro-rata charge appears on your bill if there has been any change to your service between bills. If you upgrade your services before your next bill, you will see a pro-rata charge which covers the period from your upgrade to your next bill.
Please Note: You are billed in advance as our service is not a metered supply but a continuous service. We charge for the supply of the service - not the usage. Similar to utilities such as telephone companies, supply charges are billed in advance.
How do I download a copy of my online bill?
In My Virgin Media each bill can be downloaded as a PDF document. Once downloaded as a PDF you will need to have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed to open the bills. If you don’t already have Acrobat Reader installed then download it for free Once downloaded, the bills can also be printed directly from your computer.
You can access the last 12 bills within My Virgin Media.
Log into My Virgin Media and view your online bills.
Let us know you've paid.
If you would like to let us know that you have paid your bill, complete our online form and a member of our team will make a note on your account, so you don’t need to contact us.
Was your payment late? We can remove any restrictions on your services if you tell us you’ve recently paid your bill in full.