The following information is a UPC Ireland Press release from before the move to Virgin Media
UPC Ireland agent wins top honour at Irish Contact Centre Management Awards 2014
UPC picks up 5 awards at this year’s 19th annual Irish Contact Centre Awards
21st November, 2014: The team at UPC Ireland’s national customer contact and administration centre has won five awards and two highly commendations at this year’s Irish Contact Centre and Shared Services Awards with one of the company’s technical agent’s receiving the top honour of Contact Centre Agent of the Year at a ceremony held in Dublin.
Martin O’Halloran, a Technical Support agent in UPC’s Technical Services Department, Limerick, received the award in recognition for providing an excellent service to customers through first line support resulting in a high first contact fix percentage on calls. Martin was acknowledged for his ability
to resolve customer issues including TV, broadband and phone technical issues, accounts and billing queries, upgrades and installation queries.
Hosted by the CCMA (Contact Centre Management Association), the awards recognise the achievements of companies and their employees working in the contact centre industry.Magnus Ternsjö, CEO of UPC Ireland said, “I am thrilled that UPC has won 5 of the top awards at this year’s 19th annual Irish Contact Centre Awards and very proud of our team. These awards demonstrate the very best in the industry and these wins are testament to the skills, dedication to the very best customer care and general positive attitudes of our team in Limerick
“They also offer the opportunity to shine a light on the companies and people who deserve recognition for being the best in the industry and I would therefore like to commend Dorothy O’Byrne and her team at the CCMA for all their hard work and their continuous approach to promote the profession of contact centre professionals.”
Dorothy O’Byrne Managing Director CCMA Ireland congratulated UPC on the fantastic achievement of winning 5 of the 19 categories at the 2014 Irish Contact Centre & Shared Services Awards hosted by the CCMA. Across each category the judges commended UPC for their demonstrable success in putting the customer at the centre of their organisation and in doing so delivering outstanding performance improvement with increase customer satisfaction.
UPC collected the following awards and commendations at this year’s ceremony:
- Contact Centre Agent of the Year for Martin O'Halloran, Technical Support Desk Agent
- Best New Product or Service for Chat Team
- Best Use of Technology for MY UPC (available on www.upc.ie)
- Best Quality Programme for Voice of Customer & Net Promoter Score Programme
- Support Team of the Year for Sales Project, Quality & Process Improvement Team
UPC was also Highly Commended in the following awards categories:
- Best Adoption of Social Media
- Best Technical Support Centre / Helpdesk
- UPC employs over 400 people at its national customer contact and administration centre in the Enterprise Development Park, Limerick. Staff at the centre handle customer service for UPC’s over half a million subscribers nationwide across the company’s entire product range including broadband,
- TV and phone services.
Follow us on Twitter: @VirginMediaIE