The following announcement is information from UPC Ireland before the move to Virgin Media.
UPC brings TV ‘Out of Home’ with Horizon Go
Ireland’s First Mobile TV App with RTE, TV3 ‘Out of Home’
Watch your favourite shows anywhere with Horizon Go
Monday, December 8th, 2014: UPC today announces the launch of Horizon Go, its new and improved mobile app for UPC customers to watch live TV ‘In and Out of Home’.
Horizon Go is Ireland’s first and only mobile TV app to include Irish broadcasters such as RTÉ One, RTÉ Two, TV3 and, 3e. Out of a total of 73 top TV channels, the new service includes 48 channels available to watch Out of Home over 3G, 4G and public W-Fi networks, with more to follow.
For UPC Horizon TV and Digital+ customers, Horizon Go means you can watch your favourite shows live on the move or look back on programmes you’ve missed including On Demand content and catch-up TV.
- As well as RTÉ One, RTÉ Two, TV3 and 3e straight to your mobile device, Horizon Go includes
- News and sports channels RTÉ News Now, Eurosport, Eurosport 2 and Extreme Sports
- Entertainment channels TLC, Lifetime, Comedy Central and FOX
- Children’s channels RTÉJr, Nickelodeon and Nick Toons
- Education channels Discovery, Discovery+1, Discovery Shed, Investigation Discovery
- Discovery Science, History, Food Network, Animal Planet, Quest, DMAX, Turbo, National Geographic Channel and Nat Geo WILD.
- Music channels VH1, MTV ,MTV Music, MTV Rocks, MTV Hits, MTV Base, MTV Dance and MTV Classic
Bill Blake, UPC Ireland’s Head of Commercial and Products said “Horizon Go is a great new service for our customers who want live content anytime and anywhere. According to the latest Nielsen viewership data for TV viewing, Horizon Go ‘In Home’ hosts channels that account for 61% of viewership and Horizon Go ‘Out of Home’ channels account for 51% of viewership. In summary, UPC is providing the best connected entertainment to its customers no matter where they are.”
Horizon Go users can also watch live TV or On Demand programmes via a PC or laptop through www.horizon.tv
The remastered app also allows users to personalise their experience through TV Guide customisation and can also remotely control their Horizon TV HD+ box directly from the app.
To use Horizon Go, customers can simply register for a MyUPC account via the upc.ie website, and then enjoy the Horizon Go service using Wi-Fi, broadband, or 3G or 4G internet connection.
UPC’s revolutionary Horizon TV service brings TV to life in extraordinary new ways and setting the new gold standard for TV, broadband and phone services in Ireland.
Follow us on Twitter: @VirginMediaIEPR