What is On Demand TV?
On Demand TV gives you unprecedented access to a world of entertainment with the touch of a button.
You can catch up on your favourite programmes with Virgin Boxsets, enjoy hours of Virgin Exclusives and immerse yourself in the latest blockbuster movies. You won't have to press record or rewind, they'll be there waiting for you for a full seven days after they've first been aired, so you can watch what you want at your leisure.
For more information visit our On Demand section.
Can I view subtitles on any of the On Demand programmes?
Unfortunately, subtitles are not available on this service at the moment, but we are looking to offer this to our customers in the future. Stay tuned – we’ll let you know as soon as they’re available.
Why can't I view the On Demand TV service?
There are a few reasons why this might be happening, so let’s go through them now.
1. If you see a message letting you know the service is unavailable, or if you see an error message, wait a few minutes and then give it another go. It's not uncommon that the second attempt will work without a problem.
2. Still having trouble? Check your connection by performing a network test on your Horizon box. To run this test:
· Press “HELP” on your remote control.
· Navigate to “CONNECTION ASSISTANT” and press “OK”.
· Press “YES”, and the Horizon box will test the connectivity.
If your box is connected and communicating directly with the Virgin Media network, you will see a “Pass” against all results. If you don’t have a Horizon box please click here to test the connectivity on your set top box.
3. Next, check that all your leads and connections are securely in place and try resetting your set top box. To do this, turn off the power at the socket and turn it back on after 15 seconds.
If none of these fix the problem, you'll need to contact us via our Technical Support Contact Form. Pick “TV” and then the On Demand TV option, or call us on 1908 press option 2 for Technical Support. Then press option 2 for On Demand, and a member of our team will be happy to help.
Please note: To receive the On Demand service, you must have an up to date Digital TV set top box. If you have an older set top box, you will need to upgrade this box to receive the On Demand service.
Do I have to enter a PIN to order a movie using On Demand TV?
To order a movie on our On Demand TV service, you’ll need to enter your PIN. Having a PIN number helps manage viewing for the little viewers in your house. If you have not already changed your PIN, the default number is “0000”.
To change your PIN from the default, simply:
1. Select "MENU" on you remote control.
2. On screen, select > "SETTINGS" > "PIN & PARENTAL CONTROL" > "PIN MANAGEMENT" > "CHANGE MASTER PIN CODE"
3. You’ll be asked to enter your current PIN. Enter the default PIN, 0000.
4. Choose a new PIN. You will then be asked to confirm this.
You should be all set. Happy days!
If I order a movie using On Demand, how long do I have to watch it?
When you order a movie using On Demand, you have 48 hours to watch it as many times as your heart desires. If you’d like to view how much time you have left to watch a movie, just:
1. Select “MENU” on your remote control.
2. Navigate to “MY LIBRARY” and press “OK”.
3. On screen select “RENTALS” and press “OK”.
4. Choose the movie that you have ordered and press “OK”.
5. On the details screen you will see the "View Until" information. This is the time you have left to watch the movie.
If your time left to watch the movie is shorter than the duration of the movie you will be able to watch the movie, until then end. However, you can’t pause or stop the movie once you begin watching it.
When I select a programme I want to watch using the On Demand TV service, I see a "programme not available" error message?
The programmes available depend on the On Demand TV package you’re subscribed to. For instance, if you have our Virgin Mix TV, then you can surf through the TV programmes on RTE, TV3, TG4, Sky On Demand and Nickelodeon.
You can also avail of many, many more On Demand programmes if you upgrade your TV pack. Take the Virgin Full House TV, which lets you watch all the best channels all for just a few Euro more. This includes the Virgin Mix TV options, and On Demand programmes from Disney, Discovery, and MGM. Check out our TV packages, and find the fit for you.
How do I order a movie with On Demand?
Ordering a movie through Virgin Media's On Demand service is simple. All you have to do is follow these steps:
1. Press the "On Demand" button on the remote control to access to the On Demand main menu.
2. Navigate to “RENT” and press “OK”.
3. Press down to see “STRAIGHT FROM THE CINEMA” or “JOE’S PICKS” or you can select by Genre
4. Select the movie you want and press “OK” on your remote.
5. The next screen provides you with information about the movie, and shows the price. To select the movie go to “RENT” and press "OK" on the remote.
6. Enter your PIN number and press "OK" to complete your order. Don’t know your PIN?
Find out how to retrieve the PIN here.
You’ll have 48 hours to view the movie.
When I order a movie using On Demand, I do not have to enter a PIN code?
If you are ordering a movie using our On Demand TV service and you are NOT presented with the PIN code screen, then your PIN code setting is set to "OFF".
If you’d like to turn it on, select "MENU" on you remote control. Then - on the screen - select "SETTINGS" > "PIN & PARENTAL CONTROL" > "PURCHASE PROTECTION".
If this is set to OFF, you just use the up and down buttons on your remote to change it to ON. Once you do this, you will always be asked for a PIN when you order a movie. This means purchasing movies, and watching mature content is restricted to whoever has the PIN.
Use your power wisely.
What content is available On Demand with Virgin TV Anywhere?
Virgin TV Anywhere gives you access to hours upon hours of On Demand content. You can watch the complete box sets of your favourite programmes included in Virgin Mix and Virgin Full House TV, browse through 100s of hours of fantastic kids TV and a massive movie library in Virgin Movies. You can also get a huge range of programmes from 3Player on your TV.
Pretty impressive, eh? Go on, give it a try.
How can I search for On Demand TV content on the Horizon box?
Your Horizon box gives you access to a wide catalogue of movies, series or On Demand TV. To find something to suit your mood simply:
1: Press the "ON DEMAND" button on the remote.
2: Navigate up to the search symbol and press “OK”
3: Enter a show, series, or actor you’re interested in.
Then sit back, relax and enjoy the show.
How do I view rented On Demand TV content on Horizon box
Ready to watch what you rented? Find your favourite spot on the sofa and follow the steps below:
Step 1: Press the "MENU" button on your remote control.
Step 2: On screen, navigate to "LIBRARY" and press "OK" on your remote control.
Step 3: Navigate to "RENTALS" and press "OK".
Now you’ll be able to browse and play whatever you rented with On Demand.
You’ll have 48 hours to watch it. Happy viewing!
Why can I no longer pay to view WWE events?
Virgin Media no longer broadcast any more WWE Pay Per View events, and we’re sorry to see them go. If you still want to catch the action, subscribe to www.wwe.com/wwenetwork.