Ready to watch your telly? Good, that means you're ready to pair your remote with your box. To pair your Horizon TV remote control to your Horizon box AND your TV for the first time, simply following the instructions below:
Step 1: You will need to pair your Horizon Remote Control to your Horizon box:
Turn on your TV and plug in your Horizon box.
- Once you see the "Language Selection - English" appear on your TV screen. Find out more information regarding messages on your TV before Language Selection step.
- Remove the orange plastic strip from your Horizon Remote Control.
- Press the "OK" button on your remote control. Now sit back and relax to watch a short clip welcoming you to the extraordinary new world of Virgin TV.
In the unlikely event that your remote control does not pair immediately or the remote control has lost it's pairing with the Horizon box please follow these steps:
Press and hold the button on the back of the remote control, until the button flashes.
- Press the "OK" button on your remote control - now sit back and relax to watch a short clip welcoming you to the extraordinary new world of Virgin TV.
On the front of the remote press and hold the "OK" button and the "Help" button. The "Box" button on the top right of the remote will flash and then go solid red.
- The red light will flash again and the remote will pair to the box. An on-screen message advises that the remote is now paired.
You may also watch our video of How to pair your Horizon Remote control in our video guides section.
Step 2: If you would like to control the volume of your TV with your Horizon TV Remote Control please follow the simple steps below:
- Turn on your TV and switch off the Horizon box.
- Press "VOL-" on your remote control and keep the button pressed; press the source button at the same time (the top centre button). After a few seconds the TV standby button will flash red twice. Now release both buttons.
- Within one minute, enter the brand code of your television using the numbers the Horizon remote control.
- To confirm the pairing has been successful switch on the television set using the TV standby button on the Virgin TV remote control.
Important: To complete the pairing, press and keep holding the "VOL-" button and press the source button at the same time to save the code. After a maximum of 5 seconds the TV standby button will flash red twice. Your remote is now paired.
Note: If the pairing has been unsuccessful, Press "VOL-" and keep the button pressed; then press the source button simultaneously (top centre button). After approximately 5 seconds the TV standby button will flash red twice. Now release both buttons and type in 981, this will un-pair the remote. Repeat the pairing process from Step 1.