PIN codes come in handy when there are little lodgers in the home. You can configure PIN settings on your Horizon box so that a PIN must be entered before viewing certain content. If you wish, you can also set up "purchase protection" to ensure that only people you give the PIN to can rent a movie.
The default PIN is currently "0000". To change this:
- Select "MENU" on you remote control.On-screen select >"SETTINGS" > "PIN & PARENTAL CONTROL" > "PIN MANAGEMENT" > "CHANGE MASTER PIN CODE"
- You will be prompted to enter your current PIN. Enter the default PIN, 0000.
- Specify a new PIN. You will then be asked to confirm this.You can also enable parental controls on your Virgin TV box to prevent your children from accessing certain content. To do this:
- Select "MENU" > "SETTINGS" > "PIN AND PARENTAL CONTROL".
- Choose either "LOCK/UNLOCK CHANNELS" or "LOCK PROGRAMMES BY AGE RATING".
- "LOCK/UNLOCK CHANNELS" allows you to put a pin lock on individual channels.
- "LOCK PROGRAMMES BY AGE RATING" allows you to put a pin lock on programmes with and above certain age ratings e.g. 12, 15.
You’re all set. Rest assured that the young eyes and ears in the household won’t grow up too fast.