With even more ways to access content, we feel that it is important that you can control what is appropriate to be viewed and when. For that reason we have provided a facility to set a PIN on the Virgin TV box, for content over and above the age rating you feel is appropriate for your household. (G, PG, 12, 15, 18 or UNLOCK ALL).
If you haven’t previously set a PIN, the default PIN is "0000". To change this:
Select "MENU" on you remote control
- On-screen select "SETTINGS" > "PIN & PARENTAL CONTROL" > "PIN MANAGEMENT"> "CHANGE MASTER PIN CODE"
- You will be prompted to enter your current PIN
- Specify a new PIN
- You will then be asked to confirm this
You can also enable parental controls on your Horizon box to prevent your children from accessing certain content. To do this:
- Select “MENU” > “SETTINGS” > “PIN” and “PARENTAL CONTROL”
- Choose either “LOCK/UNLOCK CHANNELS” or “LOCK PROGRAMMES BY AGE RATING”
- “LOCK/UNLOCK CHANNELS” allows you to put a PIN lock on individual channels
- “LOCK PROGRAMMES BY AGE RATING” allows you to put a PIN lock on programmes with and above certain age ratings. e.g 12, 15