You want to do a factory reset, and that’s fine. But, before resetting your Horizon box, please be aware that this action will delete your future planned recordings. Your existing recordings will not be affected, but you might miss something special you wanted to record later. To help set these recordings again after the reset, we recommend taking a picture of your planner with your phone.
Below is an image of how you planner will look after the reset.
To carry out a factory reset on your Horizon box follow these steps:
1. Press "MENU" on your remote control, and you will get to the MENU options. see below.
2. On screen navigate to "SETTINGS"
3. Select "ADVANCED SETTINGS" and press "OK" on your remote control.
4. Select "Virgin TV BOX" and press "OK".
5. Select "FACTORY RESET" and press "OK".
6. When prompted enter your PIN. The default PIN is 0000.
On screen you will be asked if you would like to save your existing recordings:
1. Select "YES" to keep your recordings, select "NO" to delete your recordings.
2. Press "OK" on your remote control to confirm your choice.
On screen you will be asked if you would like to keep your current user settings or revert back to default values.
1. To restore factory settings select "RESET TO DEFAULT" and press "OK" on your remote control.
2. When asked, select "YES" to confirm you want to revert to the factory settings.
Once you have completed the steps above, the Horizon box will prompt you to select a language, to reinstall the box settings and a power supply setting.
Your Virgin TV box will now begin the reset process. Please allow up to 15 minutes for this to complete.
Once complete you can continue to use the Virgin TV box as normal. And you will need to re-program your future recordings.
What does the source button on the Horizon remote control do?
Once paired with your TV, the Source button at the top of your Horizon Remote control will switch the input to your television from the Horizon TV HD+ box to other connected devices you may have e.g. Xbox, Playstation, DVD player. Each click of the button will change the input.