With Horizon you can enable “Favourite Mode” which ensures you only see your favourite channels in your TV Guide or when you zap from a channel to another.
How can I activate the Favourite Mode?
1. When watching a channel, click the "OK" button of your Horizon Remote Control
2. In the Action Menu, select "Enable Favourite Mode"
3. A message will confirm you have activated the favourite mode
How can I disable the Favourite Mode?
1. Or click the "OK" button of your Horizon Remote Control
2. In the Action Menu, select "Disable Favourite Mode"
3. A message will confirm you have disabled the favourite mode
Another way to disable the Favourite Mode is to enter a number higher than the total number of channels that you have in your favourite list. The box then disables Favourite Mode automatically and displays a message on your TV screen. For example: if you have 20 channels in your favourites, simply type "21" on your Horizon Remote Control and this will disable the Favourite Mode automatically.
How can I manage which channels are in my Favourites?
1. Horizon customers can now add channels to or Remove them from their favourite list in the Action menu.
2. Navigate to the channel you want to add to your favourites
3. Click the "OK" button of your Horizon Remote Control
4. In the Action Menu, select "Add To Favourites"
5. To remove a channel from your favourites, please follow the same steps and simply select "Remove From Favourites"
1. Go to “SETTINGS” > “PREFERENCES”
2. Select “FAVOURITE CHANNELS” from the menu
3. Select "SET FAVOURITES"
4. This will display
a. On the left hand side: The list of your Favourite Channels
b. On the right hand side: The list of all the available channels for you to build your list from
5. To add a channel, select it select it in the available channel list and click "OK": it will now appear on top of your Favourite List, on the left hand side
6. To remove a channel that is already in your Favourite List, select it in the available channel list and click "OK": it will now disappear from your Favourite List.
7. Once your Favourite List is complete, click on the left arrow key of your Horizon Remote Control to select CONFIRM and press the "OK" button on your Remote.
How does the Favourite Mode work?
Once you enter the Favourite Mode, your favourite channels are displayed in two places: In the TV Guide, and when you are zapping from a channel to another using the CHANNEL UP and CHANNEL DOWN buttons of your Horizon Remote Control. When you are in the Favourite Mode, the number for each favourite channel is displayed according to its position in the favourite list. Simply enter its number to zap directly to that channel.
For example: if BBC ONE HD is in 5th position in your Favourite List, simply press 5 to zap to this channel. Please note that if you enter the original number of the channel (108 for BBC ONE HD), it will then disable the Favourite Mode automatically. In non-favourite mode, the original channel numbers are displayed.
5. How can I re-order my Favourite Channels?
1. To reorder Favourites, go to SETTINGS > PREFERENCES
2. Select FAVOURITE CHANNELS from the menu.
3. Select RENUMBER FAVOURITES. SET FAVOURITES lists all the available channels for you to build your list from.
4.) Follow the on-screen instructions to re-order the channels.
5. CONFIRM your selection to save the setting (if you don't select CONFIRM your changes will not be saved
6. Once confirmed, the list displays the new order of priority.
Once the favourite channels have been re-ordered, that is the way they are displayed in the TV Guide. E.G. In the example shown, Only 5 channels are in the favourite list in a different order to how they normally appear in the TV Guide.
Channel zapping also only zaps through channels in your favourite list and according to their order in this list.