Already have a home network? That’s ok: Horizon boxes know how to place nice. To connect your Horizon box to your existing home network:
1. Press “MENU” on your remote control.
2. On screen navigate to the “SETTINGS” menu.
3. Select “HOME NETWORK SETTINGS” and select “SET UP YOUR HOME NETWORK”.
4. In the setup menu, choose “JOIN NETWORK”. The Horizon box will scan for existing networks.
You will now be asked whether you would like to connect by Ethernet or by Wi-Fi.
If you select ethernet, the Horizon box will now scan for an active network for a DHCP server to obtain an IP address. As soon as an IP address has been assigned, the following message is displayed:
“Your Box is now connected to your home network. Please select “SET UP HOME MEDIA” to continue the set up procedure.”
The Horizon box now acts as a client. At this point, you can install your media catalogue by selecting "SET UP HOME MEDIA".
If you select WiFi, the Horizon box will display list of wireless networks to connect to. Locate your network, press "OK" and enter your wireless password. Alternatively, you can choose "MANUAL ENTRY", which will allow you to enter your network name and wireless password.
The Horizon box establishes a connection with the existing router. At this point, you can install your media catalogue by selecting "SET UP HOME MEDIA."
Maybe you want to keep things separate. To leave the home network:
1. Press "MENU" on your remote control.
2. On screen navigate to the "SETTINGS" menu.
3. Select "HOME NETWORK SETTINGS" and select "SET UP YOUR HOME NETWORK".
4. In the setup menu, choose "CREATE NETWORK". You will be prompted to allow a reboot. Select "YES". The Horizon box will now leave the home network and return to "GATEWAY MODE".