1. Switch off your Virgin Media modem.
2. Get an Ethernet cable and plug one end into one of the ports on your Virgin Media modem. (One of these cables should have come with your Xbox 360.)
3. Plug the other end into the back of the console.
4. Switch the modem back on. Then wait for the online light to appear and stay on.
Using a wireless adapter? See the steps below:
6. Connect the wireless adapter to your Xbox 360. If there’s an antenna, make sure it’s pointing upwards. Newer Xbox 360's will have built-in wireless.
For information on setting up a network connection on your PlayStation 4, check out: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/nw_settings.html
For information on setting up and troubleshooting the network connection on your Xbox One, check out: