GDPR & you
Here's the info on your info
Frequently asked questions
WHAT IS GDPR?
GDPR is a new law on data protection and privacy that gives control over your personal information back to you. If you want to find out more about the detail of GDPR the Data Protection Commissioner website is a good source, you can find that here.
VIRGIN MEDIA AND GDPR
HOW AND WHEN WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
Your info helps us deliver the products and services you have with Virgin Media and to do things like tell you about programmes, offers and things we think you’ll love. We collect your details in many ways, such as:
- When you apply for or buy something from us.
- When you talk to us on the phone, by email, or via electronic messaging (such as SMS, MMS or live chat tools), and when you write to us or visit us in our retail stores.
- When you fill in a questionnaire.
- When you use our products and services.
- When you visit our website.
WHY WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
It’s no biggie – your information simply goes towards bringing you a better service. We use your data for things like:
- Bringing you products and services and sending you your monthly bill.
- To make sure our products and services are working as they should be.
- Telling you about the things we think you may love from Virgin Media.
- Delivering your orders so you get your goodies as quickly as possible.
- Giving you exclusive access to our online services like My Virgin Media.
- Responding quickly to your queries or complaints.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
YOUR DATA RIGHTS