Your email is getting a makeover.
At Virgin Media, we’re all about making good things happen to bring you the best ever customer experience. With this in mind, we’ve revamped our email system so it’s much simpler to use. And the best bit? It works great on mobile too.
We’ve put together a few answers to some of the stuff you may be wondering about. Got a question? See below.
Why are you changing my email address?
To keep our Virgin promise of ‘making good things happen’ we’ve revamped our email system so it’s much simpler for you to use. And it now works great on mobile too. Hooray!
Will I lose all my emails and contacts?
No, there’s no need to worry - we’ve got this. All your emails and contacts will transfer automatically to your new email account.
Will my login details change?
Nope. Your password and email address will stay the same. In the future, we will be changing your email address from email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org, but we will let you know well in advance.
It’s that simple
What about my gym membership updates - will I still get these?
Again, you won’t need to do a thing. All emails sent to your old email platform will forward to the new platform so you won’t have to update any online subscriptions or bookings. Sweet.
Do I need to update the settings on my iOS, Windows or Android device?
No, your settings won’t change. So you’re sorted.
Do I need to update my Outlook settings?
Nope. All’s grand here too, as these settings won’t change either.
Do I need to set up new folders or rules?
We’re on it, so there’s no need to set up a thing. Any folders or rules you already had will be kept just as they were.
Can I change my email address?
Sorry, you can’t change it. The email name we first set up for you will stay the same.
Can I change my basic settings?
Yes, you can customise your settings so they’re just the way you want them.
1. Click the System icon on the right side of the menu bar, then click Settings.
2. Now click Basic Settings in the sidebar.
3. Change your settings.
How can I change my personal data?
Have your contact number or personal details changed? No worries.
1. Click the System Menu icon on the right side of the menu bar. Click My Contact Data.
2. Make your changes and click Save.
How do I auto forward emails to other accounts?
Need to keep track of important emails? Here’s how to forward them automagically:
1. Click the System menu icon to the right of the menu bar. Click Settings.
2. Click Auto Forward in the sidebar.
3. Enter the email address you want to forward the messages to.
4. Want a copy? Enable Keep a copy of the message.
How do I categorise messages with coloured labels?
Add some colour to your mails and sort them in an instant.
1. Select a message.
2. Click the Set Colour Label icon in the toolbar or Set Colour Label in the Detail view. Select a colour. Want to remove a label? Click None in the Set Colour menu. You can also mark multiple emails at once using coloured labels. For more, check Editing multiple messages at the same time in Virgin Media Mail.
How can I export contacts from Virgin Media Mail?
Need to save your contacts from your Virgin Media mail? Not a problem.
1. Click your Address Book at the top of the screen.
2. Select Export.
3. Select the CSV format.
4. Want to export your distribution lists too? Tick Include distribution lists.
5. Click Export.