Virgin TV Remote Control
How do I pair my Horizon remote control with my Horizon box?
Ready to watch your telly? Good, that means you're ready to pair your remote with your box. To pair your Horizon TV remote control to your Horizon box AND your TV for the first time, simply following the instructions below:
Step 1: You will need to pair your Horizon Remote Control to your Horizon box:
- Turn on your TV and plug in your Horizon box.
- Once you see the "Language Selection - English" appear on your TV screen. Find out more information regarding messages on your TV before Language Selection step.
- Remove the orange plastic strip from your Horizon Remote Control.
- Press the "OK" button on your remote control. Now sit back and relax to watch a short clip welcoming you to the extraordinary new world of Virgin TV.
In the unlikely event that your remote control does not pair immediately or the remote control has lost it's pairing with the Horizon box please follow these steps:
- Press and hold the button on the back of the remote control, until the button flashes.
- Press the "OK" button on your remote control - now sit back and relax to watch a short clip welcoming you to the extraordinary new world of Virgin TV.
- On the front of the remote press and hold the "OK" button and the "Help" button. The "Box" button on the top right of the remote will flash and then go solid red.
- The red light will flash again and the remote will pair to the box. An on-screen message advises that the remote is now paired.
You may also watch our video of How to pair your Horizon Remote control in our video guides section.
Step 2: If you would like to control the volume of your TV with your Horizon TV Remote Control please follow the simple steps below:
- Turn on your TV and switch off the Horizon box.
- Press "VOL-" on your remote control and keep the button pressed; press the source button at the same time (the top centre button). After a few seconds the TV standby button will flash red twice. Now release both buttons.
- Within one minute, enter the brand code of your television using the numbers the Horizon remote control.
- To confirm the pairing has been successful switch on the television set using the TV standby button on the Virgin TV remote control.
Important: To complete the pairing, press and keep holding the "VOL-" button and press the source button at the same time to save the code. After a maximum of 5 seconds the TV standby button will flash red twice. Your remote is now paired.
Note: If the pairing has been unsuccessful, Press "VOL-" and keep the button pressed; then press the source button simultaneously (top centre button). After approximately 5 seconds the TV standby button will flash red twice. Now release both buttons and type in 981, this will un-pair the remote. Repeat the pairing process from Step 1.
Where can I find the code to pair my Horizon remote control with my TV?
If you’re pairing your remote, and are looking for the code needed – congratulations, you’re almost done! We have a page dedicated to finding the code you need to pair with your telly. Visit our pairing code page, enter your TV’s model, and we’ll have you up and running in no time.
How do I use the Horizon remote control?
An infrared/RF remote control is provided with your Horizon box. This remote allows you to control both the Horizon box and your TV by pairing both devices together.
With super-fast channel zapping you can quickly navigate through the Horizon menus. Also, there are a number of shortcut buttons on the remote control:
- Live TV Key -
- Return to Live TV when viewing paused TV, Recordings, On Demand, and home network content.
- Clear menu and return to Live TV.
- Tune to last viewed channel when watching live TV.
- Programme information for the channel you are viewing.
- Brings you directly to helpful answers.
- Displays teletext (where available).
- Brings you to the On Demand TV section.
- Brings you to the TV Guide.
- Brings you to "MY RECORDINGS" within "MY LIBRARY".
My remote control isn’t working. What do I do?
That’s rough, but before you take any drastic measures, let’s go over a few common fixes.
Fist, let’s check the batteries. Remove and reinsert the batteries in the remote to make sure the connection is secure. You may need new batteries if the current ones have died.
Still not working? Let’s try the signal. Turn off your TV and your set top box for about 30 seconds and turn back on. Give the remote a go, and see how that works.
Are you working on a Horizon remote? You may need to pair your remote to the Digital Box or TV if you haven’t done so already.
If the remote has stopped controlling the volume and you’re using our silver and black remote, check out the Guide to using Digital+ remote to control volume.
How do I order a new or replacement remote control?
Still no luck? That’s OK. To order a new or replacement remote control simply complete our remote control order form. Your remote control will be shipped within 2 working days and you’ll receive it via An Post within 2-5 working days.
A charge of €10 will be applied to your next bill.