Home Phone: Porting
How do I register for 196 free Special Directory Enquiries?
The 196 Free Special Directory Enquiries service is now available to non eircom customers. Eligible Virgin Media Home Phone customers can now access this service via our phone service.
How to use the service:
- Dial 196.
- Once you hear the recorded announcement press 0 and ask for the Special Enquiry Service.
- The operator will ask you for your PIN number, your name, and the name and address of the person/company whose number you require.
How much does the service cost?
196 Special Directory Enquiries service is FREE of charge to eligible customers who have completed an application to eircom. Virgin Media Home Phone customers who have completed the application process and dial 196 with their PIN will not be charged.
This service require customers to provide PIN and Identification. See details below in relation to customer application process for PIN number.
Please Note - this service is offered for National and Cross-Channel Directory Enquiries only - not for other International numbers.
Call Completion and SMS is not offered as part of the 196 service.
Who is Eligible for Free special directory services?
196 Special Directory Enquiries is a service available to customers who can’t use the phone book because of a physical or medical condition (limited dexterity or mobility).
How do I apply?
You can apply for a PIN number directly to Eircom's Operator Services
- Freephone 1800 574 574
- The operator will take your name and address details and will post out an application form.
- You must include 3rd party confirmation of disability e.g. doctor, nurse, or representative organisation.
- Once the form is completed return it to:
Operator services (FDQ)
Once they have received your application, they will send you an acceptance letter detailing the service and your individual PIN number.